Sunday, April 24, 2011

Results

Happy Easter!  I hope everyone is having a good long weekend!
The meet went well yesterday. I didn't run as fast as I hoped, but it was a good opener. I ran a 57.00 ( my personal best is 55.81) It felt nice and relaxed, but maybe a little bit too relaxed. I don't think I got out of the blocks quick enough, but I felt strong finishing which is a good sign.
At the last minute we decided to put a 4x 400m relay team in. Turns out we were the only team entered and ran by ourselves! For some reason I was more nervous for this then for my individual race, but it was alot of fun! The girls ran really well and the announcer was great at involving the crowd. Overall the meet was a success, with some great results!
I just got back from my long run. It is a beautiful morning in Scottsdale. I ran by myself along the Green belt. I like running there because there is lots to look at. Today I ran a little further than usual, and I reached  a park. There were families flying kites, playing catch, sun tanning and fishing. People brought BBQ's on the back of their pick up trucks and were picnicing under the trees. I almost stopped and asked for a glass of water and a hot dog, but I decided against it. It would have made the run back a little more difficult!
Instead I'm going to have some lunch while singing along to the "Sound of Music" on TV. A bunch of us are going out for dinner later on.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment