Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday Mom! Hope you had a great day!

Today's workout went well. As I mentioned, I was a little anxious this morning. It was a tough one.  It was 600m  followed by 200m, then a 400, followed by 2 x 200m. Coming from a multi- event/sprint background, I am sometimes a little tentative with the longer distances.  I've been training in the middle distance group for a couple years now, so really I have no excuse, but sometimes a little doubt creeps in. I had a great chat with one of our coachs, Wynn,  in between sets who reminded me of the importance of "getting out of your head and into your body, " and that fear is often what holds athletes back. I wasn't even aware that I was in this mindset today, but with this gentle reminder, the second set went much better than the first! I'll be sure to remember this for the race next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment