Thursday, June 9, 2011

On the road again

It's been way too long since my last post! (I got home and my internet was broken, didn't get a chance to fix it) My race in London went well, but nothing spectacular. I ran a 2:13, so not far off my pb. Since then I have been home in Halifax for just two short weeks. Though it was short, it was nice to be back!  My flight was delayed out of Detroit on May 25th due to weather in Chicago. Right now, I am at the Halifax airport heading to Indianapolis, IN and my flight is delayed again due to weather in Chicago... somebody really doesn't want me to go to there. I was looking forward to my long layover there, they have good chocolate.
I am heading to Indy to run two races, the first on Saturday. Another 400m which I am really looking forward to! The weather in Halifax wasn't the greatest for the two weeks, ( though I really can't complain because it rained almost every day I was in Arizona so two weeks is nothing!) but training has continued to go well since coming down from altitude. From Indianapolis, I head to Calgary for the Canadian Championships, then to BC to take part in a series of meets.
I raced in Indianapolis two summers ago, as a 400m hurdler. The competition wasn't great (I was the only one in the race) but there is always a great field of 800m runners which I am excited about! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: