Monday, June 20, 2011

Goin' with the flow

I have arrived safely in Calgary! We spent the first two nights in a hotel. Celia and I decided to try our luck with Priceline, to see if we could find a good deal. We got rejected every time. We ended up finding a pretty good deal, and enjoying our "mini vacation." We were up pretty late the night of the race in Indianapolis, and up really early the next morning to catch our flights, so we were looking forward to a day of recovery and relaxation. When I say "mini vacation" I mean eat, sleep and run!
We are now settled into our residence room at the University of Calgary. It's really nice! Two rooms, with a bathroom and kitchen and even a little sitting area. Unfortunately there were no utensils or pots and pans, but we are making due with the dollar store and plastics forks and spoons! I am really embracing student life, I got lost on my shake out run yesterday morning. I took a detour on the way home to get coffee and a half hour later made it back to my room.
There has been a slight change in plans. Though I ran the standard to skip the prelims, I ran it after the June 13th deadline which means I race on Wednesday. I should have paid better attention to the fine print! Anyways, it will be a good opportunity to race again, get used to the altitude and the track. And racing on Wednesday means I have less time to wait!
To help pass the time, Heather took us on an adventure to Banff yesterday, complete with a gluten free burger, hot springs and rented bathing suits! It was a great time! I'll post some pictures when I figure out a way to upload them. ( my card reader isn't working)

1 comment:

  1. Don't think, relax and just win the heat. that's the only plan. rock out!!!!

    ReplyDelete