Sunday, June 12, 2011

Race Recap

Well, that was fun! It was a great night for racing. It was warm, and very little wind here in Indianapolis.
It didn't feel like race day at all, which I guess is a good thing. Maybe it was because I was running a 400m, instead of an 800m but I didn't feel like my usual nervous self. I didn't feel great throughout the day, I woke up really sore and wasn't sure why, but by the end of the warm up I felt ready to go! The first 300m of the race felt great, I felt fast and smooth. The last time I ran a 400m in Phoenix I didn't go out as quick as I'd like so yesterday my plan was to go out hard and see what happens. The last 100m of the race wasn't great but there is definitely room for improvement! I ran a 56.09, my third fastest 400m time. I'm attaching the link to my race if you'd like to watch. I'm in lane 5. It's always interesting watching a race after, seeing what you actually look like compared to how you felt. It is a very useful tool.
I also rabbited a section of the 800m after. Pacing a race is something I have been asked to do a few times, but it has never panned out. I was a bit nervous, but it was actually really fun!
Some great times throughout the course of the night! Looking forward to running an 800m on Wednesday!
http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?do=videos&year=2011&pg=1&event_id=147&video_id=48630&folder_id=3148&offset=12#video

1 comment:

  1. Loved being able to watch your race! Keep it up Mubs! You are going to do fantastic on Wednesday! Give it your all!

    ReplyDelete