Thursday, June 16, 2011

Race Recap

Last night's race went very well. I ran a pb in the 800 of 2:10.10 and it felt great. I was a bit nervous all day but forced myself to "shut my mind off." I think I mentioned something about this before. I wanted to write about my race plan for last night, but writing about it would have meant that I was thinking about it, and not thinking about it was part of the plan! In the the back of mind, I had 2:10.50, the qualifying standard for Nationals. ( You can still compete if you don't have this standard but you race on Wednesday in a prelim and fight for a spot in the semi's)  I didn't want to put added pressure on myself to run a specific time, I don't feel that works for me. Instead, I had a very specific race plan, which always used to work for me in the 800m when I did the hep, and as long as I committed to it, the result would come naturally. This season is all about the process for me. In the past I have become too focused on the times. The times are obviously important but since I switched events, its important for me to stay confident but be patient. I feel like I am on the right track! Here is the link to my race:
http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?do=videos&year=2011&pg=1&event_id=147&video_id=48805&folder_id=3157&offset=10#video

1 comment: