Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flagstaff

I have arrived safely in Flagstaff. The drive up was smooth except for some tumbleweeds that rolled in front of our van. I forgot how beautiful it is here. We are staying in condos surrounded by woods with trails and a golf course. I was moving my suitcase out of the van into the condo yesterday and I looked up and there were about 10 deer staring at me. I wish I had my camera.
We have been doing some light runs since we got here. It usually takes a few days to get adjusted to the altitude. We are currently at about 7,000 feet. We have been given an Altitude Monitoring tool which helps us track how well we are adjusting. Each morning we take our heart rate and weight, both good indicators of how we are adapting.
Other then feeling out of breath when I walk up hills, so far so good! We did a warm up at the track this morning and tomorrow we have our first workout, speed which I am looking forward to!
It's a bit cooler compared to Phoenix, but beautiful when there is no wind and the sun is shining. As much as I love a warm breeze, I also don't mind drinking my morning coffee curled up by the fireplace.
We are heading into town in a few minutes to check out New Frontiers Natural Marketplace. I'm trying to incorporate new eating habits into my life. I'm eating less gluten and dairy. (I'm going to call is a lifestyle instead of diet because I don't like that word) I'll talk more about this tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment