Friday, May 6, 2011

Elephants and Aging Gracefully

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes via email, text and facebook! And thanks for the goodies from Halifax as well! Much appreciated. I had a great birthday up here in Flagstaff.  I ran a pb in the 300 in the morning - I broke 40 for the first time! In the evening, my roomates were very stealth and coordinated a get together complete with a gluten free cake without me knowing. It was awesome, thanks everyone!

Training has been going well. Other than some crazy dreams ( last night I chased a herd of elephants through the trails in our backyard) I think I have been adjusting well. Wednesday we had a difficult sprint workout and a power session in the evening, and yesterday and today we did some runs and recovered for another tough workout tomorrow.

Fortunately, it hasn't been as cold as the day I first arrived. It's been nice and hot since then. Tomorrow, we head down to Sedona for our workout. Sedona is at an elevation of approx. 4,500 feet.

My gluten free/dairy free regime is going well. They have a great selection of gluten free/dairy free in the stores up here.  ( It's come a long way since I ate gluten free in grade 7! )

Looking forward to the next few weeks up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment